Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleep Success...for now

My Little Sleeper - August 2009
I hope I don't jinx myself by blogging about my child's wonderful sleeping habits. I am just feeling so blessed right now that my child actually sleeps...
all night
in her own room
for at least 10-12 hours
and has been
just about every night
since May 9, 2009
when she was 11 weeks old.

We tell her "night night." We put her in the crib. We give her a baby doll. We turn out all the lights. We walk out and shut the door. The child goes to sleep...97.8% of the time.

Now, we have had some bad nights and the entire month of November was particularly hard since she was cutting 2 teeth at once. She would wake up every other night and just want to be held because she was hurting and I would lay back in the super plush rocker recliner and just sleep with her till morning...so we did get SOME rest on these rough nights.

But, overall, my child is a wonderful sleeper and I am very grateful because it makes my job so much easier.

I followed the basic Babywise pattern of eat, play, sleep (although I didn't abide by ALL of the techniques in the book) and sure enough, she was sleeping all night before 3 months of age.
Can I just take a moment to say:

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Glory to God! Blessed Be His Name!

I read blogs and so many mothers are grappling with a 2 or 3 year old who is sleeping in the bed with them and are still up and down all night with these kids.
My heart goes out to them. I feel so sorry for their nerves and sleep-deprived brains.
For now, I will enjoy my sleeper, 'cause if we're blessed with another one, it may be a whole 'nother story! But, I hope not.....

No comments: