Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Craftiness, Pancakes & Car Maintenance

This past weekend was one of those that you spend doing little things that need to be done, but you don't feel that inspired to do them during the work week.

First on the agenda was breakfast. Sydney has discovered that pancakes with syrup are her FAVE breakfast food thus far. I was cleaning the kitchen and feeding her at the same time, and I guess she got a tad impatient with me. I can't put all of the pancake bites on her tray at one time, or she will cram them all in her mouth at once causing Mama to go into panic mode. She stuffed herself with pancakes Saturday morning AND polished off a banana. She eats a lot but runs a few hundred laps each day at the house, so it burns off in a hurry.



I'll just go ahead and help myself.

Chris is my resident mechanic. He can fix just about anything with moving parts, well almost anything. He changes the oil on my 07 Accord which is something that I know most men folk wouldn't attempt and would just take it down to the Jiffy Lube since all these new-fangled cars have so many 'lectrical switches and weird computer-shaped parts. But not Chris, he tackles it in his typical, "Me Man, Me Can Do It" fashion and gets it done. Lately, my miniature friend has been having major Daddy clinginess and wants to be smack dab in the middle of whatever he is doing, thus the picture below. Now, she hates the walker and never used it to walk, but will tolerate it if it means spending time in the garage with Daddy-O.


Need a hand there Pops?

Most people say I am a creative person, but they are usually referring to the way I make up songs and write poetry, etc...They are not referring to my artistic nor culinary talents, 'cause there ain't any there. Pardon my grammar. But, for Sydney's birthday, I am venturing into uncharted waters and trying my hand at...wait for it..

CANDY MAKING and HOT GLUING

Heaven help us all...

I did a trial run Saturday on the ladybug suckers that were supposed to be red and black, as you might expect, but turned out pink and brown. I got to add a LOT more food coloring. Keep in mind that I did not take my time and I just plopped some melted candy in the last mold which is why it is so attractive. I realized that I was overfilling them and made many other interesting discoveries during this attempt.


The bugs turned out okay, but they were a little smaller than I expected. It's that whole "ABC catalog and Oriental Trading catalog" deceptive photography. EVERY TIME I order something from those folks, it arrives in a shoebox sized box and is 1/10 of the size pictured. Also, it takes an engineering degree to assemble the product that in the ad states, "Great for a preschool craft." Yeah, right. I don't know what Montesorri preschool they are referring to... Oh well, they will be cute party favors.


Just a few more weeks till the big event and I've got a ton to do!


No comments: