Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Honey, I'm Home

Sydney and I have packed a lot into this day, and there's a ton I could blog about...

I could tell you about our wonderful morning reading books together and playing in the nursery.
I could tell you about our fantastic lunch at the Belle Jim with my new church friends...and how Sydney puked on my pastor's wife.
I could tell you how we went to the store only to find that the photo machine was broken and we walked out empty handed.
I could tell you about how I finished Sydney's invitations and how PRECIOUS they turned out and how proud I am of my photoshop skills.
I could tell you about how I fell flat on my face while chasing Sydney around the couch and how it really hurt, but I laughed really hard.

I could go into detail about all of those things, but I choose to blog about a few precious minutes.

When Chris gets home from work, he is exhausted and has usually put in a 12 hour day. He puts his patients' charts on the desk and then spends a few minutes with Sydney. She is getting used to this routine and is so thrilled when Chris walks in the door. Tonight, he got an important phone call and was delayed in his Sydney time. She went to the office and crawled under the desk for a while until she bumped her head. She wanted to play with her Daddy more than anything. As soon as he got off the phone, she grabbed his finger and they began their evening walk. Her face just lights up when she gets to walk with her Daddy. It is the highlight of her day. She makes happy sounds and it's hard to tell what she is trying to say. I think she is saying, "Woo hoo! I'm walking with my Daddy."


Her face is full of confidence, security, and genuine adoration. My prayer is that I express the same feelings as I am walking with my heavenly Daddy. There's an old song that says, "I can't even walk, without Him holding my hand." That is how we should approach everyday, with Godly confidence, security, and heartfelt adoration for our Lord, 'cause He's right there, holding our hand. And... oh what a day that will be when we all get home.

No comments: