Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"They Make Me" - A Birthday Poem

They make me smile, they make me frown

They think I am a circus clown.

They make me giggle, they make me scream

They make me have some wacko dreams.

They make me grin, they make me seethe

They make me laugh 'til I can't breathe.

They make me question my profession,

And then I MUST go to confession.

They make me glad I am a teacher,

They confuse me with a preacher,

And then there are days I wonder why,

I get out of bed and try,

To make a difference in their lives.

Cause I get tired of the drama,

And all the teenage trauma,

But then, some days,

they call me "mama"

They make me tired, They make me sigh

But they are the apple of my eye

And today they made me cry.

(I hope you enjoy the pictures of the surprise birthday party my kids planned for me all by themselves.)
 

No comments: