Friday, June 11, 2010

Chattanooga Cupcakes - Delirious Deliciousness

If you haven't read the post from yesterday, please take a moment to do so.

Go ahead, I'll wait on ya.

Now, you are ready to read about one of the many highlights of my trip.

Friday evening...our last night in Chattanooga, we met with some dear friends, Randy and MaryGayle. We had a great visit and MaryGayle recommended I try a cupcake from a local cupcake shop that was to
 DIE FOR.

The weather was dreary but that did not stop me from walking 5 blocks in my flip flops in the rain without an umbrella to arrive at Chattanooga Cupcakes.

As I entered this cute little building, the sights and smells overwhelmed me.

Never has the phrase, "So many cupcakes, so little time" rang truer.

I looked at all of them ever so carefully.

The decision was one of epic proportions.

I finally decided on this little jewel with a simple name: "PB & C" - Peanut Butter & Chocolate

Or as I now call it: 
Pleasure, Breathtaking & Creaminess
Perfect, Blissful & Crazy Good 

My choice was boxed up delicately in the cutest little carrier, complete with a fork. You know a cupcake is good when it is "FORK" good.
With joy in my heart and a spring in my step, I made the journey back to the hotel.

My husband decided to venture off downtown to look for some excitement while PB&C and I slinked off to the hotel room.

It's just YOU AND ME baby.

To my horror, I opened the box and realized  my prize had experienced an unfortunate mishap.
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!

Must be due to the nasty spill I took while going into the hotel. I'm glad the valets were there to catch me but the cupcake didn't fair so well. Just cosmetic damage...
I have no words to describe my 5 minutes and 36 seconds of taste bud fantasy land.
Peanut butter cream cheese icing drizzled in hot fudge chocolaty sauce delicately layered on a moist chocolate cupcake. I scraped the paper liner. I savored every morsel. I am trying to figure out the best way economically to have these shipped to Texas. Hmmm...Maybe if I bought them in a lot. Do cupcakes come in a lot? Bakers Dozen? Bakers 112? Surely there's a way.
In the meantime, I will be counting down the days until I can visit Chattanooga Cupcakes again and sample all of the other delightful flavors.

Who knew a baked good could bring such joy, such contentment, such elastic waist bands?
  
Mmmm...It's only an 11 1/2 hour drive. I could be back by this evening. Late this evening...I would be tired, but VERY happy.

No comments: