Monday, January 4, 2010

A Glimpse into the Future

It is absolutely amazing how fast a little girl can make a mess. After lunch, I put Sydney in her room to play. It was spotless at 12:45 and this is what it looked like at 1:00. She is perfectly content to dump out all the toys and books and just sit in the midst of what looks like the aftermath of a tornado. I guess I have many years to come of looking into a room scattered in toys. What a joy!

"Yes, Mother, can I help you?"

I'm "expressing" myself.

Sydney has been turning pages in books for the last several months. She loves to look at the pictures and "kiss" certain characters that she deems worthy of affection. Especially the pig's snout in our "Quack, Quack" book. Curious piglet is always the recipient of a sloppy kiss from Sydney. Lately, she has decided that our after breakfast activity is reading. She will carefully select a book from the basket and then bring it to me. She slaps it on my leg and then holds up her arms for me to pick her up. Once I put her on my lap, she starts to squeal with excitement. She literally shakes with anticipation of reading the book. I don't get all the words out for each page before she vigorously "turns" the page, and I usually make up my own storyline. When I'm especially tired, I make up funny phrases about the characters to amuse myself, and my hubby in the next room listening.

Let's read "Nighty Nite" again. I haven't heard it since about 2 minutes ago.

My mother read to me constantly and I hope that Sydney wants me to read to her for years to come. I won't complain about reading "Nighty Nite" 990 times, 'cause there will come a time when she won't want me to read "Nighty Nite" ever again.

I'm really excited about Sydney's 1st Birthday. I am doing ladybugs for the party 'cause there just so darn cute. I am making everything myself and I have finished the invite and few of the party decorations. The cake has been ordered (tell me what you think) and I can't wait to party, party, party!





No comments: