Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tennessee Aquarium Part II

It may take me another couple of weeks to finish posting my vacay pictures, but it seems as though my life has provided me with PLENTY to get off my chest lately, so...enjoy the highlights of the saltwater building!
 Poor cuttlefish. He was not blessed with beauty,
that's for sure.
  A lovely butterfly in the tropical rainforest. Funny thing though...I walked in the door and I thought I was back in East Texas...ahh...the humidity.
How can something so cute be so lethal?
This little guy is about the size of a plum.
 "Yo, Yo, we just be hangin' out in the butterfly house. Don't mind us...we're just for decoration."
 Must be nice to have your food just hangin' around for you so you can grab a snack anytime you want.
 This picture is a little blurry (blame my photographer husband) but have you ever seen such crazy designs on a sting ray? I must confess I was thinking..."Wouldn't those make a FANTASTIC purse?" I'm sorry. I really am.
 My favorite pictures...courtesy of my hubby. Jellyfish are so amazing. This ruffled one is huge. About the size of a beach ball and it's tentacles were about 50 feet long! JEEPERS!
 Gotta put this on my desktop...but Sydney reigns as desktop queen for now.
 Gotta love a man sitting on an egg. The guide told us they expected this egg to hatch any second. The mama is standing by making sure he is doing it right.
 Now, he's just darn right creepy. Words escape me.
 More of those cutie pie button jelly fish.
So happy, so graceful, so brainless.
Don't tell me you wouldn't love to have a purse/wallet/shoes out of this!

No comments: