Monday, June 14, 2010

Cousin Bud


While we were in Tennessee, I made a point to visit my dear 'ol Cousin Bud.
Cousin Bud is married to Judy, therefore, she has the same first and last name as my mom,
which is pretty cool.
They have two gorgeous daughters who are both very smart and successful.
They live in Ringgold, Georgia, which is actually, as Lacey put it, "wannabe Tennessee."
They are very close to the Tennessee border.
Like, so close you can see Tennessee from their house, but alas, they are not in Tennessee.

Anyway, I hadn't seen Cousin Bud in eons and had not seen his family in about 10 eons, so it was past time for a visit. I vividly remember getting baby pictures of the girls. Seems like yesterday. I think I am getting old. No, I know I am.

The cool thing about family is that THEY KNOW.
They understand all the inside jokes.
They know from experience how different people in the family behave.
They just GET IT.
And they can LAUGH about it.
Even when you don't get to visit very often, they still KNOW.

We had a yummy dinner and a wonderful visit on the back deck, which was screened in, which I highly recommend for those who live in the south and do not want to be eaten alive by mosquitoes.
We chatted and watched the sun go down and the fireflies light up the night.

We laughed and reminisced about old times.

Chris and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.

We can't wait to return. The downstairs suite has our name on it, and of course, we've got to bring Sydney. How many times did I hear that?

"Next time, you GOTTA bring the baby."
 Well, I hope by then they invent a special serum to administer to young children that allows them to travel without incident, crying, wailing, or other insanity.

Glad to know I have a place to hang my hat next time I'm in Tennessee, I mean, Georgia.

And you gotta be a Bishop to get dibs on staying at Cousin Bud's place.

And one of the ways to identify a Bishop is by...

the bony spider toes and overly large second toe.

Be glad I don't have a picture of Cousin Bud's toes to post.
His feet are a tad more graphic, frightening, interesting.

No comments: