Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mom & Tots Swim Class Graduate!

Sydney graduated from Mom & Tots swim class yesterday. I was a little concerned that she would accomplish this feat since she had a very rough start. TEARS galore. WAILING nonstop. THRASHING beyond belief.

The kid has been in the water since birth. She's played in the hot tub and thinks bath time is the best part of every day. I was scratching my head trying to figure out WHY she was terrified of swimming lessons.

Week 1 was tough. I cried. She cried. I contemplated quitting. It was just too stressful. My mom said, " You are NOT quitting," and when she uses that tone of voice, I know better. Obedience is the best course of action.

So, we did NOT quit. We stuck it out. Week 2 was much better. She received lots of extra attention and intervention from the instructor and by Friday, we were swimming like champs. Her cousins in California would be so proud!
Not gonna look at the camera.
I'm gonna jump, Mama. 
Splash...glug, glug.
Here I am!  
Whew...made it! No tears and I held my breath! 
But, I want to get BACK in the pool!
Swimming is SUPER FUN!
Thanks mom...swallowed a little water with that dive. 
Just don't make me "pray and pull"...
Or float on my back...not quite ready for that, yet.

No comments: