Monday, June 28, 2010

Monstrous Monday

Every now and again, I have a day that is totally a do-over.

I am not one of those people who constantly complain about how horrible Mondays treat me. Mondays are most likely my most productive days. But, I was due for a Monstrous Monday and it hit me full force today.

(Big Breath) Here we go...
Sydney overslept. She wouldn't wake up. It was like raising a corpse.
I had to work today. I was meeting two teachers at the office and I was on a schedule. Did I mention I overslept, too?
The comatose child refused to wake up and was extremely unpleasant once she was forced off her Sealy Posturepedic Baby's Dream mattress.
Cranky child was thrown into the highchair while assorted breakfast foods were thrown at her.
Kid was dropped off her babysitter's house and I scooted off to work not realizing the car was sucking gas fumes.
Barely made it to work. My dear teacher friends who met me there were waiting patiently on their "prompt" co-worker. We set to work...
The internet project they were working on was very difficult to complete since the website we were downloading from had sporadic seizures all day requiring reboots and exorcisms.
After a frustrating morning at the office dealing with technology, I hobbled my way to the gas station and sped over to the sitter's to get my cheerful child.
The cheerful child was in a better mood and was ready to grab some lunch and go to work with Mommy for an hour while we waited on GiGi (grandma) to get off work and come pick her up @ 2:00.
It was then I realized that my cell phone service was completely gone. It kept alerting me of voice mails and extremely important messages but I was never able to retrieve them, which made me want to rip my arm hairs out one by one.
Gigi never showed up to pick up the office destroyer Sydney and I was forced to leave work and find some one's door step upon which to deposit my child.
Lucky for me, my precious, wonderful, neighbor who babysits for me occasionally just happened to be home. I literally threw Sydney into her house and thanked her profusely while speeding BACK to work still wondering where in the world my mom could have been.
That's when the phone beeped again saying I had yet another voice mail, but due to my super duper cell phone service, I was unable to check it, still....
Finished the day at work battling the Internet, adobe reader, and printers and then picked up the kid.
Decided that I was NOT going to cook dinner and went to a local fast food establishment to grab some healthy fried chicken.
Got ripped off on my fried chicken family deal since the lady at the register was unable to count, add numbers, and understand English. Didn't care... I think I ended up paying $3.00 for each piece of chicken before it was all over with...
Chicken was utterly disgusting. My husband couldn't eat it. I forced down one piece. Put the rest away to feed my mom's dogs.
And now, as I listen to the pouring rain, I thank my lucky stars that....
I am dry.
I am fed.
I am employed.
I am not walking everywhere I go.
I am loved.
I am blessed.
Just takes a Monstrous Monday every once in a while to keep things in perspective.
Okay, then, I've got the point. Enough already. Bring on Tuesday! Please...

No comments: