Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thriftiness

I have always been a bargain hunter...ALWAYS. I can count on one hand the times I have paid full price for ANYTHING (not counting Wally World everyday purchases). I can't bring myself to pay retail. I know for a fact how much things are marked up. Wow.

When I go into a department store, I head straight for the clearance rack...every time. It's not that I am so destitute that I HAVE to buy things at a ridiculously cheap price, but there's just something about getting a deal that gives me a thrill. Seriously. It's like a drug.

Some of my happiest times have been with my mom after we come skipping out of a store with our unbelievable cheap treasures...it almost feels like you "stole it" cause you paid so little for it. Euphoric.

Well, I had a bit of that euphoric feeling this week when I left the G.W. (Goodwill). I was gallivanting out of the store clutching my fantastic bargain. Behold...

A brand new PRECIOUS green corduroy jumper with a dainty cream colored turtleneck (not pictured) and matching green diaper cover (not pictured).

Oh, I forgot to tell you, a GYMBOREE jumper. This jumper retails for around $20-25.

I don't know if you shop at GYMBOREE, but I can only walk in there when they're having a major sale, and then I walk out with one pair of socks. There stuff is beyond words adorable, but can be pricey...especially for clothes that will be worn once or twice and then passed on.

Well this jewel was mine for the low, low price of $2.99. I didn't stutter, sister.

The mouse on the pocket has it right... HIDE & SEEK!!

...and I was the lucky one to walk in a FIND this one hiding amongst the
stained onesies with the original price tag still attached.

No comments: