Saturday, February 13, 2010

Party Prepping


Okay, so NEXT Saturday is the big birthday party for my soon to be 1 year old. I have been wise and worked gradually every day on little things getting ready so I won't be stressed out and overwhelmed...oh...and I created the invite in December and just realized that I put the wrong year on it. Geez! Too late now!

Today was spring cleaning. We started early on the house (after a quick jaunt to Belle-Jim for breakfast) and washed windows & mini-blinds, cleaned out the garage, put things in storage, and organized our junk.

It's amazing how inspired you get to give your house a thorough scrubbing when you have people coming over, huh?

I finished making the party favors...a jillion little ladybugs with a jillion little pieces that I prefer to never make again.

Sydney's birthday banner is hung with pride.

I've got my official "week before the party" list typed out and categorized into things to do, things to buy and grocery list. Didn't I mention I was Type-A?

All lollipops are made and ready to be displayed in their arrangement. The helium tank is reserved.

My husband is marinating the 3rd batch of fajitas in order to get the marinade recipe "just right." He is also making homemade pico de gallo.

I don't know about me, but I think Sydney's ready to party!

No comments: