Thursday, February 4, 2010

Candy Queen

Isn't she lovely?

Don't they look so happy congregating together on my blue kitchen counter?
Picture them in a gorgeous galvanized tin with black spots....got that?

After words of advice, patience, more candy wafers, and a rainy morning with nothing else to do, I have CONQUERED the Ladybug lollipops I am making for Sydney's 1st Birthday Bash.

Tedious does not begin to describe painting all of those details with very dark chocolate.
Painstaking does not do justice to the breath-holding required to get these JUST right.

I am a perfectionist, and I'm woman enough to admit it. If you can't do it right, it's just not worth doing. I saw these lollipops online for an astronomical price and decided right then and there that my child would have these lollies and I would make them for a fraction of the cost.

Yep, that was before I bought candy paint brushes, molds, wafers, more wafers, special dye for chocolate (can't use regular food coloring) and I forgot, more wafers.

But for now, I am basking in the glory of my 12 ladybug lovelies and thinking about tomorrow and the next day when I'll be making at least 24 more...Ahhh...

Nesha

No comments: