Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bubbly Tubbly Must Haves


Getting Sydney to take a bath is NEVER a struggle. She LOVES the water and has always has been a fan of cleanliness. She would take 3-4 baths a day if I would let her. Just yesterday, I jumped in the tub for a QUICK bath and then she walks in the bathroom, sees me in the tub, starts taking off her clothes and hiking her leg up on to the side of the tub trying to get in. After tears of frustration and a couple of mini-hissy fits, I plopped her in with me. Then, all was right with the world.

She has been in the "big kid tub" as my friend's son Caleb calls it, for a couple of months now. It is her own personal swimming pool that she takes great delight in. When I start running the water, she will come running to the bathroom squealing at the top of her lungs. She will continue her "Ode to the Tub" solo until I put her in. It's something you have to experience to appreciate. Last night Chris gave her the bath and while she was warbling, he says, "What is that about?"

Let me take a moment and tell you about something I have just discovered...It is California Baby's line of bubble bath for kids, infants, and sensitive adults. I can't believe I actually paid $14.00 for a bottle of bubble bath (an impulse I guess) but I AM SO GLAD I DID!
There is magic in this bottle, people. I kid you not. Totally an all natural aromatherapy experience like no other. Glad it is all-natural 'cause Sydney thinks bubbles taste divine. It truly does change your attitude from cranky to sweet. I have used it myself and it makes you feel so relaxed and your skin so soft and muscles tension free. I highly recommend it. The bubbles last A LONG time and the aroma is wonderful. The reason I was looking for an all-natural bubble bath is due to Sydney's sensitive skin. She is like her mama and breaks out when I use regular soap. Thank goodness for California Baby! It even comes with a bubble wand for fun in the tub.

I also cannot live without the Tub Rug. It has a heat sensor so you know the water is not too hot and since Sydney enjoys performing gymnastic stunts in the bath, it also helps her keep her balance. I hang it up on a pants hanger between baths and it never mildews. By the way, this retails for around $10 - $12 and I picked it up for $3 (brand new) at a "Just Between Friends" sale. Whoop! Makes up for my horribly expensive bubble bath.

No comments: