Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweetness

My husband Chris thinks Valentine's Day is a conspiracy conspired by all floral shops and confectioners to boost their first of the year profits. He scoffs at the idea of selecting one day to lavish gifts upon the one you love. He ranks it right up there with Halloween under the category of "Sugar Enriched Pagan Holidays." So, as you can imagine, we don't usually do much for Valentine's. This is a very interesting article about the history of Valentine's Day, if you're good and bored.

http://www.theholidayspot.com/valentine/history_of_valentine.htm

As a new bride, oh about 8 1/2 years ago, I didn't realize my husband's feelings towards the day of love. As Valentine's Day came and went,with no mention of anything "love related," I found myself shocked and appalled at the lack of V-Day observance.

I don't know what's happened to my dear old man since we've had a baby, but a tender side of him has begun to emerge. So that is why I nearly lost consciousness when I walked in Saturday afternoon and saw this...

These are some of the most beautiful roses I have ever seen.
Gorgeous...and in the Mikasa vase he bought  me a VERY long time ago.
Speechless. So sweet. Almost as sweet as these feet....

No comments: