Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Recovery

Okay...enough already with the medical issues! I had day surgery yesterday and I hope I am done with hospitalization, surgeries, and procedures this year. Counting Sydney's birth, I have had 6 trips to the hospital/surgery center this year. My all time record...Can we say...met my deductible? Chris took a picture of me before surgery, but I am hesitant to post it. No make up, no contacts, and in a lovely hospital gown.

I have always been one that tends to think I can bounce right back to my old self after these procedures...and everytime, I feel like I'm surprised at how long it takes to actually bounce back.

I was so thankful that my mother spent the day with me today. She took care of Sydney and I slept, and slept, and slept...well you get the idea. I was feeling really achey, sore, and nauseated and didn't know why. I called my dr. and he said it was due to the anesthesia 'cause they put me under general anesthesia and not just the I.V. sedation. I've never had post-operative myalgia before, but let's go ahead and add that to my list of ailments experienced.

My body felt like I had been in a bad car wreck and was then forced to work out with the most evil personal trainer imaginable, and then was put in a tilt-a-whirl at the carnival for an hour or two. That...my friends..is not fun.

But, thanks to good meds, a good bath, and a great mother, I am on the mend. The baby is down, the kitchen is clean, my bed is warm, and I am so thankful for folks that check on you, take care of you, call to see about you, and show genuine concern for you. I can't thank God enough for sharing His love through others.

No comments: