Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mornin' Daddy

At our house, Chris is usually the one who gets Sydney up in the morning. Miss Sunshine will wake up around 6:30, talk to herself till about 7:00 and then let us know that it is time to tackle the day. She is usually standing up at her crib, gnawing on the rail, and jumping up and down saying, "huh, huh, huh." She is definitely a daddy's girl. Can you see a little family resemblance? Everyday, she looks more like Chris. Poor Chris has been working 14 hours day and boy does he look tired. I can always tell when that right eye starts to look really droopy. Notice that Rudy is in her left hand...yes, the love affair with the bean bag poultry continues. She is 99% of the time, VERY HAPPY in the morning.

On another note, I enjoyed a baby-free shopping visit to Old Navy the other day and racked up on baby stuff. Now, it was like a treasure hunt because the back of the store looked like a tornado had gone through it, but I was diligent in my search for Christmas baby bargains. I snagged some great socks, some Christmas long-sleeved onesies, 2 pairs of P.J.'s and of course a top for me. I am officially hooked on the O.N. Baby P.J.'s with the banded hems and sleeves. They fit snugly and she can play in them without tripping. She is wearing the polka-dot set in the picture above and below is the set I bought for her to wear on Christmas Eve. I am trying to think of Christmas traditions we can have in our own little family, and I think one of them will be to open up one special present on Christmas Eve which will contain special Christmas jammies. If you have any neat Christmas traditions, please share with me!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

We have those polka-dot pajamas! Gap has similar 2-piece PJ's (just FYI). Growing up we always got to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve, and every year is was new PJ's. As we got older, it became the joke of "wonder what it is??!!". I plan on doing the same with Olivia!