Thursday, December 17, 2009

O Christmas Tree

I am practical, yet creative. I am festive, yet controlled. I am indulgent, but not excessive.

Keep those thoughts in mind as I make a confession...

I have not put up a Christmas tree in 8 years. Let me pause for a moment as my Christmas Crazy friends pick themselves up off the floor and collect themselves. Yes, you know who you are...you folks that throw up Christmas in every room of your house, including linen closets, bathrooms, and closets. You know I love you, you decorating divas! Just jealous that I don't possess the HGTV sense of style that I admire so much in other people's homes.

Chris and I have not realized the need to put up a tree since we were never at home for Christmas day and there were no kids to enjoy its festive lights and ornaments. I do HAVE a tree and it is very nice, and I do HAVE ornaments and lights, but it just didn't happen. We have lived in some rather small spaces since we've been married and really didn't have room for a tree to start with, so, those are my excuses, however paltry.

BUT, this year is different. This year we have a precious baby. So....drumroll please...here is our tree!
It is not the regular sized tree that I have stored in the attic, but a 4 foot beauty that I picked up for a heck of a deal at a discount store. With a lot of love, it turned out pretty nicely. It has worked out having it elevated on an end table since Sydney has not stopped trying to snatch off the ornaments and adore it from a very close perspective.
Here are a few of the ornaments I have received in the last 8 years that are experiencing their first Christmas tree exhibition. Love 'em!

No tree is complete without the jolly fat man on a Harley.

No comments: