Monday, December 14, 2009

Birthday Bash

!Ashley and Paige
Paige's outfit was ADORABLE!


Aren't these the cutest cakes? Love the candy theme!

My friends Ashley and Casey have been blessed with twins, Cash and Paige. They are turning 1 year old this month and Sydney received her first birthday invitation. I took Sydney to the party Saturday and I think the pics tell the rest of the story.


When we first got there, things went pretty smoothly. She started playing with the toys, looking around, getting familiar with everything. Not many folks were there at this point.

Sydney was quite impressed with Paige's vocal talent. She can really wail!
It sounds like she's singing a really intense song!


Sydney start looking for me and realizing, "There's a lot people here now and who the heck are all these kids?"

This is when things started going downhill.

This was an extremely exciting party with lots and lots of kids, adults, balloons, bright colors, toys, and noise. I just think she couldn't handle it! We stayed for a little over and hour, but then decided to slip out after she fell and hit her head. I guess she's not ready for such big gatherings. She does great at church and in the nursery with other children, but we will take it all in stride. I hope she doesn't wig out at her own birthday party in a couple of months. I guess I learned that her shindig needs to be low key for now. Kids are so interesting. Just when you think you've got them figured out, they teach you something else! Live and learn




No comments: