Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Best Gift of All

Talk about a blast! Chris and I went Christmas shopping for our little sweet pea, and we bought a few too many things, so we put a few things in the closet to save for her birthday which is right around the corner. Several of Sydney's nearest and dearest have already brought her gifts for the tree, so we didn't want to over do it! At this rate, she will be opening all day.

We have waited for such a long time to go Christmas shopping for our very own child. I love to shop for little ones...so many choices...so many wonderful things to pick from...and so many phenomenal stores that carry nothing but aisles and aisles of packaged delight. Picking out a few items for Sydney was something I will never forget. Chris and I went to dinner, went shopping, and just spent time together talking about the amazing year we have experienced. Shopping for my baby's first Christmas...I thought it would never happen.



What a joyous season! The birth of our Lord, the greatest gift of all, is what makes me the happiest. I heard a sweet song on the radio yesterday that touched my heart.

"The first Christmas gift came from above, Wrapped in star light, tied in love
Given with joy, a sweet baby boy, A gift for you and me."

In all of your family togetherness, gift giving, and fellowship, remember that Christmas is about celebrating the greatest gift of all. Be thankful this season for the child who was born to die for you.

No comments: