Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

What a difference a year can make. This time last year, I was pregnant, dangerously sick, and miserable wondering if I would make it through my pregnancy.

Now, I am chasing around a 10 month old who is walking and "talking." My house is now filled with the sounds of baby jibberish, knees smacking the floor as they crawl at breakneck speed, breaking objects, and puffs crunching underfoot.
I thank God every morning for saving my soul, giving me a terrific husband, parents, and friends, as well as a wonderful job and home. He has provided for all of my needs, and then some. He not only gives you what you NEED, but cares enough for the EXTRAS. That, my friend, is the frosting on the cake. Extra sweet...

I just realized that I have not posted any pictures of Christmas Day fun, so in honor of this wonderful year and all I've experienced, here are the things I have learned. I hope to remember these lessons and apply them for 2010!

Music heals the heart and touches the soul.
Just sitting down at
the piano is very therapeutic.

Life can throw some crazy surprises at you. It's how you react that matters.

Eat more fiber. And then when you're done, eat some more.

Time spent with those you love is never wasted. Take time to love on your family.

Never underestimate the power of a nap. NAPS rule.

Don't jump to conclusions. Take the time to look over situations carefully.
You might be surprised what you discover.


Enjoy the simple things in life, like a free balloon from a fast food joint.

Life's too short to be a grump.
For Pete's sakes...SMILE!
It just might make you feel better.

No comments: