Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Off Day

Ever have one of those days when you just feel unmotivated to do anything? Today was one of those days. I can never explain why I wake up one morning and have zero giddyup in my getalong, but every once in a while it happens. Am I alone out there? And on a Sunday, no less! I love Sundays. I love going to church. I love worshipping the Lord and being with His people. It's the highlight of my week. But today, I was just not feeling on target. I guess I could blame hormones, or the hustle bustle of the holidays, or lack of sleep, but in reality, there really isn't a good reason.

Aren't you glad that God doesn't have off days? Aren't you thrilled that he doesn't wake up you in the morning and say, "Good luck today, honey, 'cause I'm just not feeling up to being your comforter, counselor, Prince of peace, and all sufficient one today." God doesn't get physically tired and he doesn't stop loving me. Thank you Jesus!

It is on those off days that I have to be so careful with my attitude and emotions 'cause they are not truly reflecting who I am. I have to put my feelings aside, no matter how "off" I feel, and do what I need to do. I think it brings God joy when we serve Him regardless of how we feel. Its not about how we feel, it's about our eternal purpose. Our eternal purpose is to walk in His will.

So, goodbye Off Day, I'm going to bed and tomorrow is a new day. Another opportunity to bless someone and give all the glory to God. Thank goodness for Lamentations 3:23. God's mercies are NEW EVERY MORNING and Sweeter Everyday!

No comments: