Friday, June 17, 2011

Swimming Lessons Survival!

Syd took swim lessons last year at Swim Gym...the *Mommy and Me* version.  It was not pleasant the first week. Feel free to read all about it here.

I had high hopes for this year. She was raring to go. We talked it up and talked it up, but then I did a very stupid thing. I enrolled her in a different mini-swim lessons with a friend (a week before Swim Gym)and it did not turn out so well and I will not go into detail about our experience. Let's just say, too many kids, not enough helpers, trauma ensued.

The first day at our official Swim Gym lessons was filled with water...all coming from Sydney's eyes. She cried every second she was there. I hung my head in shame. "What have I done?" I asked myself. What little confidence she had has been shattered. Is she scared...or just stubborn?

Day 2 was much better.
Day 3 was even better.
Day 4 was tear free (and she literally ran to the pool)
Day 5 was tear free (she squealed with joy when we pulled up to the lessons)
Day 6 was tear free (she told me, "thank you!" profusely when we left)
Day 7 was tear free (she giggled when I told her to get ready for swim lessons)
Day 8 was tear free (she dove into the water)
Day 9 was.....teary...what? What happened to my pattern here?
Day 10 was...a little teary...until she got to go down the big slide.


There she is... my little stubborn swimmer.
God love her.

No comments: