Saturday, June 25, 2011

Missing Him

I have been a single parent for the last 3 days.

Let me first say hats off to all you folks that are doing this alone. No matter what the reason, if you are a woman raising kid(s) by yourself ... you are amazing and made of steel. I salute you.

My husband went on a solo trip. Just him and the motorcycle.

Sometimes he just needs to get away. He needs time to think and recalibrate, reenergize, recognize, and reflect.

But now, I just want him to RETURN.

It's weird having to batten down the hatches at night in the house by yourself. I'm a big girl. I can take care of me and mine. It's just strange to me, though. It's too...quiet. It's eerie.

It makes me have thoughts like, "This is what it would be like without him, only worse." And then I shake my head in an attempt to forever forget those thoughts.

I went to a wedding this evening and all of my wedding memories flooded back. I looked at the bride and groom and saw the stars in their eyes.

And it made me realize that I need my man back.

And it made me miss him even more.

No comments: