Monday, June 20, 2011

We.Need.Rain.

Enjoy this picture with me as I close my eyes and imagine water...

I've lived in Texas 26 years.

And in those 26 years I have NEVER seen a drought like the one we are experiencing. It is only the second week of June and we see triple digits real temps EVERYDAY...I don't even want to think about heat index. It is even too hot to go swimming. Yikes.

Everyday it seems like a new wildfire has cropped up around us, threatening homes, acres of beautiful pineywoods forests, and lives.

The grass crunches under your feet like dry cheerios on pavement.

The heat radiates off the ground and resembles sticking my face in the oven to check the temperature.

The trees are drooping down and turning brown. Now, I've seen grass turn brown from drought, but huge trees?

Pray that the Lord would send refreshing rain, both spiritually and physically to our dry and thirsty land. It gives new meaning to the scripture: Acts 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.


Languishing in the Sahara,

No comments: