Monday, May 24, 2010

Road Trips

We are planning out our summer.

So far, we have 2 trips on the books.

Next week, the hubby and I are going to Chattanooga, TN for the State H.O.G. Rally. Sounds like a get together for a bunch of pigs, I know...but H.O.G. stands for Harley Owners' Group, of which Chris is a proud member.

We will be taking the big bike of course...the one designed for lengthy trips. Sydney is staying here with friends and grandparents. Pray that I don't go CRAZY being away from her for 5 days. I may need medication on about Day 4.

I told Chris that if I was going to ride THAT far on a motorcycle that he was going to ensure that the accommodations were top 'o the line. We are staying at the Sheraton in a big honkin' room. We better be...

Tennessee is a beautiful place and we'll have lots of sight seeing to do and attractions to visit. I plan to stop by the Tennessee Aquarium. It is one of the highest rated aquariums in the country and I can't wait to check it out. I have always been a sucker for sea life and stars, so observatories and aquariums have to be included in my vacation.

I plan to blog while on the trip, so tune in for updates on all the fun we will be having.

Then, in July we are going to Kentucky Lake to see my uncle, my brother, and my grandmother. It is my brother's 30th birthday and he lives by himself in Chicago. It will be great to get the fam together!

We will be taking Sydney on that trip, so if anyone has ANY advice about traveling with a 17 month old, PLEASE SHARE. I'm a little nervous. No, I'm a lot nervous. She has not been the best traveler lately.

Summer, here we come!

No comments: