Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whirlwind

Ever feel like you live in a whirlwind? You're so busy, busy, busy, that you have to just grab tasks and complete them quickly as they fly by? The last few days, that's what it has been like at our house.

Sydney is fully recovered from her double ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She is running around the house again at warp speed having conversations about "da da", "hi", and "neh, neh."

The newest super cute thing she does is run to the phone when she hears it ring, raise one arm up (as in highest praise) and say, "hey! hey! hey! hey!" My interpretation, "Uh, mom, the phone is ringing...it is ringing...can you hear that the phone is ringing, come answer this phone and say hi to the nice person who is trying to call and talk to me, I need to say 'hey' to this person on the phone...come on!"

We are going to take pictures today with Donna Quarles in Lufkin. From what I've seen of her work, she is phenomenal. I hope Sydney behaves better than she did for her 7 month session. That was a nightmare. Read about it here:
http://sweetereveryday.blogspot.com/2009/11/sydneys-portraits.html

Expect an update from our session with Donna tomorrow. It should be super fun!

I'm off to vacuum up Froot Loops, pick up shredded paper, get outfits out for today, pack a diaper bag, take a shower, get dressed, dress the baby, and and rescue the cat from Sydney's clutches...oh, and do whatever else the swirling winds throw my way!

Oh, and on a completely random note....whoever designed the cute little strap that is supposed to restrain your child on the changing table surface, DEFINITELY did not have kids.

I have a new design...


What? You don't think the strait jacket attachment would be a big seller?


Well, I guess you haven't had to change a thrashing baby who is trying frantically to dig their hands in the army green nuclear waste you are desperately trying to wipe up before the diaper goes flinging across the room in a mad dash to rid your environment of the smell that can only be described as putrid and toxic.

I really think this idea would fly...but maybe sewn in a cheerful polka-dot fabric, with big bow where the arms are latched down. I can see it...call me a visionary.

No comments: