Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday Bizarro

I think I wrote yesterday's post to prep myself for today. Today has been WEIRD to say the least and has not gone exactly according to plan.

Today is my birthday. 33 years young... Geez
I don't usually work on Tuesdays so in my mind, I had it all planned out.

My plan: Sleep in, play with Sydney, run to the store for a gallon of milk, come home, play with Sydney, be lazy till dinner time, have Chris pick up Mexican food, go to bed happy.

Well, let's just say things didn't quite go according to plan.

My kiddo hasn't been feeling well, and today she wasn't much better. So, the morning was filled with racking coughs and fussiness.

My husband came home in around 11:00ish since one of his patients canceled and then this arrived:

I told my man months ago that the only thing I wanted for my birthday was flowers. Well, ask and ye shall receive.

The hubby went back to work and the sick baby and I went to Big W...just to grab a jug of milk and a couple necessities. As I got out of the car and walked around to unload Syd, I noticed I had a flat tire. 

Ugh.

So, did I just grab the jack and change that bad boy? Not with a miserable, fussy 1 year old I didn't! I stood there perplexed wondering what in the world I was going to do. Stranded at Big W. Stranded at  Big W with a fussy, sick baby. Unbelievable.

Called my mom who by a miraculous act of the Almighty, was at Wal-Mart herself. She came and put Sydney in a cart and took her back in the store and "strolled" her around while Mighty Husband came and changed the tire (another miracle that I was able to get a hold of him). Don't think I didn't get reprimanded for not being "one with my vehicle" and knowing instinctively how to work the jack, lug nut adapter (?),  tire iron, etc... I sense a tire changing lesson in the near future.

It was 80 degrees today and sticky. Moods weren't very cheerful.

Got the spare on, said goodbye to Super Man, found my mom in the store and begged her to take Sydney home with her so I could get to the tire store (the SAME one I visited just last week) and have the tire fixed.

Mom was driving the old Gray Ghost today. (The car without the LATCH system) so getting my car seat into it was another challenge.

Sat in the tire store for over an hour. Guess what? I ruined the tire and it couldn't be fixed so a new tire was purchased. $120 that I hadn't planned on spending.
Back to the store, finally. Groceries bought and put away. Out to get the child at Mawmaw's & Pawpaw's....

Got home to find a mean red wasp buzzing about. Used my old faithful 409 to put him out of his misery. (It's not just for counter tops.) There are few things I hate, loathe, and despise like a red wasp.

The hubby gets home with Mexican food in tow (yeah) and then the kid's fever spikes and she starts to scream.


And that, my friends is where we are now. Between screaming fits and sweaty foreheads, clogged nasal passages, and raspy coughs. 
Life can be hard.

But God is always good.

No comments: