Monday, March 15, 2010

Super Fun Spring Break?

Double Fisted Binky Diva

After a week of snottiness, fever, and irritability, I took my child to the doctor today and lo' and behold, we have a double ear infection on top of our upper respiratory infection. So, now I feel like first runner up in the "Jerkiest Mother of the Year" pageant since I let her "cry" it out last night several times 'cause I was so blame tired I couldn't move. The pediatrician's office was filled with cranky sick children. There are few things more torturous than trying to restrain your cranky, sick child while watching other people's cranky, sick, and obnoxious children run amuck.

My precious mama went with me to the pediatrician's office, 'cause I SURE wasn't going to drive an hour and 20 minutes with a screaming child all by myself. Somebody else was going to HAVE to share this experience with me. We skipped lunch and jumped in the car and were both starving to death by the time we got to Nacogdoches...you know, so hungry that you're sure you will pass clean out if you don't eat something pronto. We stop at Chicken Express (which deserves an entire week of blogging by itself if you are unfamiliar with this fantastic fried fast food establishment) and we didn't have time to stop and eat, so, chicken tenders and corn nuggets are flying from the back seat to the front seat while mom is attempting to soothe my irritable child. It's pretty funny now that I think about it, so I guess you just had to be there. Oh, and whoever was making the sweet tea today read the recipe wrong. It's 1 cup of sugar and 2 quarts of water, not the other way around. You could literally pour that sweet tea out of the cup like maple syrup. Geez...guess they knew I needed the sugar boost.

Anywho, Sydney didn't pull her ears or have any other symptoms of an ear infection, so I didn't suspect it. She is nearly 13 months old and has been the picture of health. A minor sniffle in October, but that was it.

I really didn't have any major plans for Spring Break, so I guess that works out well since I will be taking care of her. Hopefully, in and amongst the earaches, I will grab a few winks of sleep. Thank goodness my coffee supply is well stocked!

No comments: