Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sydney's Portraits






Chris warned me. He told me that attempting to photograph a then 7 month old child at a professional studio was a mistake. He told me that we needed to wait till she was older. He warned me. Did I listen to the person who once took professional portraits for a living??? Nooooo.

I won't go into details about our photo session that we had at the beginning of October, but will sum it up with this word: madness. She cried, she whined, she bellyached, she took a nose dive off the couch and surprisingly did not break her face. I thought, well there goes my sitting fee out the window. There's no way she got any good pictures during this fiasco.

Well, I was wrong. Dena with Dena's Photography in Lufkin is a miracle worker. I don't know how she did it, but miraculously, she was able to capture the glimpses of a smile that surfaced briefly from my sweet, cherubic angel's face and after viewing the breathtaking slideshow (complete with music about baby girls) I was boo-hooing. I bought pictures like a mad woman, and now I am poorer, but my walls will be covered with Sydney.

Here is a glimpse. Now these are just the low quality scans from a page that Dena gave me. I can't wait to get my prints! Please visit her website: http://www.photographybydena.com/

No comments: