Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pricey Penny Cookies

I'm feeling a tad stupid right now. Indulge me as I relate to you my flawed thinking.

I have lost 50 pounds since the birth of my child. That's right. 5 X 10

What's sad, is I have about 25 to go. You heard me.... I was one bloated preggo woman with multiple complications.

As of late, I am striving harder towards my goal of returning to pre-pregnancy weight and have made positive changes in my life.

I am drinking lots more water and eating healthier foods. I am exercising more.

Best of all, I am buying into the idea that purchasing snacks prepackaged in "100 calorie" units will allow me to indulge without being too indulgent.

STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.
Exhibit A: Chocolate chip cookies - yum

Look at those morsels...

Microscopic morsel is more appropriate.

Math is not my thing, but I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide, so here goes.

I paid approximately $3.50 for this box of pre-packaged cookies. There are 6 packages in the box. A REAL chocolate cookie by this manufacturer has about 50 calories. So, if there are 100 calorie packs, then there is the equivalent of 2 cookies in each package of miniscule bites.

So, I paid $3.50 for a dozen cookies. Albeit really tiny ones.

If I was to purchase an actual size package of the SAME cookies, I would be spending approximately $3.50 as well.  But here's the kicker.

There are about 24 cookies in a regular package. You've figured me out by now.

I paid double the money for tiny cookies.

Next time, I'll just buy the regular package and eat as many as I want.

By the way, the Look, Look picture from yesterday was a close up of....

My freshly pedicured toes.

Yes, I know they look like fingers.

No, I can't play the piano with them.

But, I've tried.


No comments: