Friday, August 13, 2010

Momentous Occasion

In honor of my 200th blog post, I would like to share another momentous event in our lives that is worthy of cheering and pom poms.

We have officially begun toilet training...and after getting lots of advice from other mommies I've decided to forgo the potty chair and just go with the cushy seat.

I've made this choice for 3 reasons.
a. my bathroom is small and I don't have room for a potty chair
b. the thought of a potty without plumbing disgusts me
c. I have scary flashbacks of my brother's potty chair and something about emptying a cool whip bowl...and I won't go on...Ewwww.

And since I am a cheap skate thrifty person, I picked up a cushy potty seat for a whopping $5 at the JBF consignment baby sale. Don't laugh.... And yes, I know she is a girl. And know I don't think she will care.
Isn't it festive? Isn't it grand? It makes me want to sit on it and scream, "SCORE!" Does it slightly disturb me that someone would actually make a potty seat that looks like a pigskin complete with laces? Yes it does. And the handles just kill me...Maybe I should install those permanently on our big potty for those times when we eat bad Mexican food. You know, the velocity can be alarming when one is experiencing digestive issues.

First down!

Right now, we're just doing drills. Dry runs. Feeling it out. Running some plays. No actual yardage has been accomplished. It's all about warming up and getting ready for the big GAME.

Hike!

But, I can't wait till she makes a touchdown with this bad boy. 'Cause that means I will no longer be on the defense when it comes to diapers, I will playing offense!

And when she wins her first game, I bet you can guess who will be shaking pompoms on the sidelines. Yep, her potty coach. Good 'ol mom.

And I'm done with the football puns. Promise.... no OT.

But forgive me if I refer to the potty as the Super Bowl from now on.

Sorry, I can't stop myself.

No comments: