Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The "END" Times & Last Days

No, this is not a discussion about the end times, although it is a worthy topic that I will explore in the future since I believe that we ARE in the last days, but for now...

Let me tell you about how I am spending my last few days before I go back to work. Teachers are a rare breed. They LIVE for the summer time. They have FANTASIES about summer time. They sit on the porch drinking sparkling lemonade with their eyes closed as they DREAM about summer time. Summer time is the highlight of a teachers' year. Not because they do not enjoy teaching, 'cause they do. And not because work is such a drudgery, because 96.7% of the time, it isn't. There is just something about summertime and not having to hear your name being called 239 times a day and responding to emails about how you are not meeting 1 of your 44 students' individual needs. Summer time...ahhh.

I am going back to work and I know that once everything kicks off, it flies at breakneck speed. Weekends flip past like road signs on the interstate, and before you know it, it's Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then New Years', and then Sydney will turn 2. Ugh.

I am cramming as much as I can into these last days. Chris and I have ridden the motorcycle twice this weekend and met up with long time friends. I have taken Sydney swimming twice in the last 4 days and we also enjoyed a play date with her buddy from Nacogdoches. I am leaving for Houston today to visit Chris's side of the fam and do some major shopping! I sold my violin yesterday (that I've been trying to sell for YEARS now) which gave me a fat wad of cash for my shopping assault. Whoop! I am taking items to JBF (Just Between Friends) and if I sell it all, I will have plenty to spend on my new job wardrobe...which will consist of button-down shirts in school colors and khaki pants. If I could get away with wearing scrubs everyday like my man, I would do it in a heart beat. My work attire is one less thing I want to worry about since I will be getting up to get the child ready.

Besides running around like a chicken with my head cut off, updating websites, cleaning out my office, taking friends to the eye doctor, returning cell phones to the store 5 times, rearranging my living room, abusing a broken garage door, and taking care of Sydney....I have put together a teacher in-service about Differentiated Instruction for about 100 folks.

I am tired. And you were WONDERING why I hadn't blogged lately...And should I be concerned that my child has a blanket over her head and is repeatedly running into the living room wall?

I didn't think so.

No comments: