Friday, August 6, 2010

The 3 Little Friday Friends

Today was one of those GOOD days. Really good days.

I started the day with a baby who slept in, woke up happy, ate a hearty breakfast and began running for joy around the house.

Around 10:00, I met up with friend #1 who I've known for years...and I mean for years...We used to play together when we were younger, have fashion shows, walk down to the Tid-Bit convenience store and buy Dr. Pepper's and blow pops together, and jump on the trampoline with wild abandon. We know a lot of dirt on each other! She now has 2 beautiful teenage daughters and we all took a dip in a refreshing pool. It was great to visit and swim. Sydney had a ball.

Kristin - A.K.A. Friend # 1

Later, friend # 2 showed up. I taught her in 3rd grade. She is now 19...at least! She is going to help babysit Sydney this school year. What a beautiful, responsible, sweet young woman she has turned out to be. I am so proud of her accomplishments and couldn't be more pleased that she is taking classes to be a dental hygienist! Her aunt told me that she says Miss Bishop was her favorite teacher....well she was one of my favorite students! Sydney immediately took to her. I think they are going to have a blast together.
Amber - A.K.A. Friend # 2

I ended my day with an unexpected visit from friend # 3. This friend has a heart of gold and is my walking buddy. I can tell her anything and she does not judge me for just being myself. Everyone needs a friend who is as genuine, giving, and lovely as my friend # 3. I don't know what I would do without her. We can be honest with each other about our faults and know that no matter what, we've got each others' back.

Becca - A.K.A. Friend #3
Did you notice that I have beautiful friends? Simply gorgeous inside and out!

The baby went to bed without a peep and the hubs and I are watching a good 'ol Tom Selleck western on the tube. Maybe I should quit multi-tasking and cuddle up with Friend # 4

Happy Weekend and make a point to hang out with your buds, too!

No comments: