Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Little Woozy

***DISCLAIMER*** Reader discretion is advised....

We experienced another "FIRST" today in the our household.

Sydney had her first nosebleed today, and honey, it was a big 'un.

I can handle all bodily fluids...EXCEPT for blood. I do not DO blood. I can barely tolerate the sight of my own blood. My husband, being in the medical field and having had experience with blood, necrotic tissue, and other eye-squinching substances... handles all emergencies dealing with blood.

So...when my child walks into the kitchen with a face & neck covered in bright, red, blood, I felt myself going weak in the knees. Mostly because I didn't know WHERE it was coming from, and secondly because, well it was blood, and a lot of it.

After pinpointing the offending nostril, sopping up the blood, applying pressure, and changing her clothes, I got a little nauseated. Well, I got a lot nauseated and had to lay down and collect myself.

My stomach hurt for the rest of the day and I had a hard time remembering things and keeping my head clear.

Let's all take a moment to say a silent prayer in thanks that I am not an EMT, surgeon, or ER trauma nurse...because my friend, if you were in my care, you might not make it.

P.S. Aren't you glad this is a picture-free post?


No comments: