Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Communication Grade: D-

I just realized that my husband and I sat down to dinner (a lovely salad I prepared) and the entire time we are eating with one hand and texting with the other.

So, we are having 2 different conversations with 2 other people instead of talking to each other. And this went on during the entire meal. This is what it sounded like:

*tap, tap, tippety, tap* SEND Crunch, crunch...*beep bop* ...chuckle, chuckle... *tap, tippety, tip tap* SEND

Are we so wrapped up in our technology that we can't even put down the blasted cell phones for one blasted minute so we can have a few words of meaningful, blasted conversation?

I think we talk more on the phone during the day than we do at home. Seriously.

I say this while he is on one laptop and I am on the other. Well, at least we're in the same room...doesn't that count for something?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We have a no cell phone during dinner policy for that very reason! It's helped!