Thursday, April 8, 2010

Don't Blame Me


Don't blame me when your stretchy pants are a little snug.
Don't blame me when you have to jog a couple of extra miles in preparation for indulging...
Don't blame me when you feel lightheaded and euphoric after experiencing the unbelievable taste of what I'm about to share.
The other day, I was thumbing through an old cooking magazine and stumbled across these words..."Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Churn Free." Well, of course the words "churn free" caused me to take a second glance. The one thing I hate about making ice cream is turning the crank or having to listen to the ice cream maker whine and groan...it just annoys me I guess. I looked at the ingredients and decided immediately that I would have to give this a whirl.


Make 2 batches of this and give one batch to someone you love, or someone you don't love for that matter. The person you love will love you even more, and the other one will kiss your feet in gratitude.

You need:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
4 drops of green food coloring
2 cups whipping cream (whipped)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


In a large bowl, combine milk, water, extract, and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into a foil-lined 9 inch X 5 inch X 3 inch loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 6-8 hours or until firm. Lift out of the pan and remove foil; slice, drool, enjoy, and then go run around the block about 25 times.

Mmmmmmm...................

1 comment:

Chris and Merry said...

I can't wait to try it!!! Mmmmm!