Monday, January 24, 2011

Introducing the B.G.B


So glad you could join me today for the grand tour of my new B.G.B. (Big Girl Bed) Please admire me as I strike a pose in front of this exqusite circa 2009 Cocoon 1000 in antique white. Also please take the time to admire my bodacious purple zebra striped pajamas that my mom ordered one night at 3:00 a.m. when she had a fit of insomnia and just happened to stumble upon the Old Navy on-line clearance extravaganza and kept clicking until she had purchased enough to get free shipping. Yes, I know that I totally rock these jammies. I also have some with weenie dogs, monkeys, butterflies, etc...but I digress.

My mama, you see, purchased this convertible crib with the mindset that I will use it until they boot me out the door for college or I completely destory it during a wild 'n crazy girls sleepover...whichever comes first.

It took my mama nearly 9 months to get this crib after ordering it and since she was so terribly inconvenienced and ticked off, she demanded that the toddler rail and crib be thrown in for free.
And it was...but the bolts and hardware to attach it were not. Hmmm...I don't think she saw that one coming...
So my precious daddy spent the greater part of his day off converting my crib and making 6 1/2 dozen trips to Lowe's and Paker's in order to get the right size bolts and still did not find the exact ones, but that doesn't matter 'cause my daddy fixed it right up! 

As you can tell, the B.G.B is easy as pie to climb in. That's why this rail is here. So you can easily climb over it and hang your bahonkey off of it. Don't you see how convenient it is? This of course is my favorite sleeping position in the B.G.B. It perfectly aligns my spinous process (or at least that what's I hear).

I love me some B.G.B. I sleep so much better knowing that I can easily fall off the side at night.
It's that touch of anxiety that helps me know I am definitely a big girl now!

1 comment:

karen said...

Hey Nesha! I started by own blog recently - still getting accustomed to it. I enjoy reading your and checking in on you. Our daughters are only months apart - Kathryn's 2nd birthday was Thanksgiving. If you want to check it out, it's "neverdulldavidsons.blogspot.com". - Karen Davidson