Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It is Finished!




Custom caterpillar quilt made by Grandmawmaw



dresser/changing table


diaper caddy courtesy of Grandmawmaw

THE crib! Bumper pad courtesy of Ganny

butterflies are fluttering around the room

the most comfortable glider/rocker/recliner in the world!

Nursery Timeline:
July 13th - Found out I was pregnant!
October 2008 - Decided on the Hungry Caterpillar theme for the nursery and bought my first Eric Carle accessory
December 28, 2008 - Ordered beautiful Cocoon 1000 nursery furniture in antique vanilla
January 2009 - put on bedrest and was not able to work on nursery
Feb 19, 2009 - Sydney came into the world
Feb 23, 2009 - Brought Sydney home to a room filled with gift bags and laundry baskets -used a card table to change her and she slept in a bassinet and a pack & play
March 14, 2009 - Called the furniture store to complain about having a baby but not having furniture
End of March - got the dresser, night stand, and glider chair
April - no crib
May - no crib (borrowed a crib from a dear friend)
June - borrowed crib
July - borrowed crib
August - borrowed crib
Sept 9, 2009 - CRIB is here! Mama was inspired to finally finished decorating the nursery, and it is finished!

Those of you that know me, know I am a planner and organizer. Not having her nursery ready just about did me in, but, I learned valuable lessons. Don't pray for patience unless you want an opportunity to practice it, AND, a baby does not have to have a decked out nursery to be healthy, happy, and safe.
And yes, I know it looks like Rainbow Brite threw up in this room, but I promised to not subject my child to a room full of pink (due to a pepto bismol pink room I had in junior high - I still have night mares) I figure she has a life time of wearing pink and having pink stuff, so her room didn't have to be! Hope you like the pics - and keep in mind - I have zero decorating savvy, so I may have overdone it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That quilt is fantastic!