Monday, January 17, 2011

Child-Like Faith

Sydney teaches me things everyday. I have learned that:

a. Sunday shoes make dangerous projectiles
b. a nap (or the lack thereof) can completely change the day's outlook
c. the 5 second rule is totally irrelevant

But this morning, she reminded me of something powerful.

She asked for breakfast, very nicely. Then she kept asking and asking..."Eat. Eat. Mama. Eat." I was busy with a few other things and I heard her petition and I was doing my best to get things in order so I could serve up delicious toasted pancakes and strawberries. I looked at her. She was sitting at the bar. Waiting...patiently...smiling....saying, "Mama...befest...eat...pease..."

I answered her, "I'm working on it, baby. I heard you the first time you asked. I've got to wait on the toaster to pop up. I am cutting up the strawberries. I know you need to eat and I know you are hungry. Just a minute..."

And then she said, "Tank you...mama. Tank you, tank you, tank you...tank you."

And then it hit me like a bolt out of the blue.

She was thanking me for something she had asked for but did not have. She had nothing to eat in front of her, not even a drink, and she was thanking me for her breakfast.

I have never let her down before in regards to breakfast. I've always provided for her needs. I've always answered her requests. She had faith...in my ability to deliver. I had proven myself to her time and time again. I had a track record of providing.

God has never let me down. He has always provided for my needs. He has always answered my requests. He has proven Himself true to me time and time again. He always delivers. He always comes through. He has a track record for being GOOD to me.

I encourage you to thank God in ADVANCE for what you are praying about...I'm not talking about frivolous requests, but the ones that are in perfect alignment with God's will.

Thank Him in advance for healing. Thank Him in advance for saving a lost loved one. Thank Him in advance for meeting a financial need. Thank Him even though you don't see the end result.

This is more than "blab it & grab it" and "name it & claim it." This is an exercise of faith.

"(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were." Romans 4:17

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 1:11

When I heard my child thanking me for something I had yet to provide, my heart flooded with joy. I hurriedly got her breakfast delivered...I made it happen.

Make God's heart glad today by thanking him for all that he has already done and everything he is going to do. Anticipate a miracle. Exercise your faith.

He heard you the first time you asked.

No comments: