Monday, January 10, 2011

Kitchen Kooperation

One evening, I decided to test the limits of my relationship with my man.

I got it in my head that Sydney needed a play kitchen for Christmas. I found a great deal on a cutie pie kitchen on-line.

When it arrived (all 80 pounds of it), I informed my groom that we would be assembling this lovely kitchen ourselves. I informed him how much fun it would be. I expressed to him that it would be "a piece of cake" and we would have a cheery good time assembling this piece of furniture. I told him, "Just imagine! Hot cocoa, Christmas music playing, you, me, and Black & Decker."

And that's when I saw this...
Just a few hundred bolts, give or take a few..
Fear crept into my heart. I will not deny it.
I immediately felt the need to hit my knees in prayer.
And this is the time we started our grand evening of togetherness and cooperation.

And this was what took us the first 30 minutes and it was all due to the fact that I insisted the end pieces were on backwards when they really weren't and my extremely kinesthetically/abstractly gifted man assured me repeatedly that yes they were on correct and this was the end of result. The look of satisfaction on his face was like no other.
He was right. He LOVES to be right.
And this was our supervisor/referee Simeon. He had to settle a few disputes with his evil stares, but he got the message across when things got testy.

And this was the time that we completed Sydney's Dream Kitchen...
and all due to the fact that I learned to "shut up" and just "hand him the tools."
This baby has a high-falutin "mikerwave"

and shiny, noisy knobs.

Feast your eyes upon what I think should be required of any and all couples who plan to get married.
If you and your beloved can slap one of these babies together and still love each other, you are meant to be together until the end of time, or at least until you attempt to put together a Cozy Coupe (which is of the Devil)...whichever comes first.
 

No comments: