Monday, November 23, 2009

Wittle Wed Wagon



A long time ago, my mom and dad bought an old-fashioned radio flyer wagon complete with wooden handrails. Sadly, it had seen little use and spent its first few years of life living in their storage building coated in a layer of dust. This "wittle wed wagon" as I like to call it was bought in anticipation of future grandchildren. Grandchildren did not come quickly for my folks as most of you know. My dad even took a black marker and wrote on the side of the box, "for future grand-kids, if I live to see it."

I asked about the wagon a month or so back and was told, "We are saving it for Christmas." To which I replied, "It may be too cold for her to ride in it at Christmas." "Well, it will be for Christmas," I was told.

You can see that the wagon did not make it under the tree.

Sydney absolutely LOVES to ride in her wagon. She squeals with sheer delight and if you have plenty of cheese treats, Rags will ride with her. I wish I could say she rides with Sydney out of her pure love for the child, but she definitely rides only for sufficient compensation...cheese.

Whether she is bribed or not, the two make an adorable pair in the "wittle wed wagon."

No comments: