Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Binkyless

I heard a preacher say the other day that women folk worry about things that haven't even happened yet. They are always anticipating what "could" go wrong or what "might" go wrong and they spend precious time fretting over possibilities in the future that could cause problems. The majority of those things never happen.

I found myself worrying about taking away Sydney's "bee bee." I could foresee weeping, wailing, and teeth gnashing. She has never been "addicted" to the binky and only used it when laying down for a nap or in times of great distress, but still yet, I was fearful of what was to be when I put her to bed without it. I did not want her to be hung up on this piece of plastic any longer...just 'cause.

Well, this is night 4 of binky freedom. You will never believe what happened when I put her to bed without it.

Absolutely nothing. She went right to sleep. No tears, no fuss, no nothing.

Wow. All that worrying for nothing. I guess I better find something else to worry about that hasn't happened yet.

No comments: