Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pie Trifecta

Once upon a time, there were 3 little pies...

The first little pie was pumpkin. It begged to be topped with home made whipped cream. It held a pace of high honor as the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. It is not one that is particularly relished by yours truly, but I still respect its rightful place at the meal of giving thanks. I pledge allegiance...to the pie...


The second little pie was coconut cream. This pie was made from a recipe that has been in my family for years. It is my absolute favorite pie ever. If I was ever stranded on a deserted island and was forced to eat coconut for every meal, well, then...that would be A-okay wit' me. I blame the coconut cream pie alone for my extra girth and baked goods addiction. I have been raised on coconut pie. The feeling of gritty coconut between my teeth is one of pure ecstasy. This pie is always at the table for Thanksgiving. The earth may melt away and the mountains may crumble into the sea, but Nesha will have a coconut cream pie on Thanksgiving Day. Period. Case closed. My mother will make sure of it. (pardon the blurriness of the picture...I was trembling)


The third little pie was a new comer to the pie family. This piece of heaven on a spring form pan was discovered in a Tennessee restaurant. I searched the Internet tirelessly until the recipe was uncovered. I swooned. My eyes rolled back in my head. I smiled with glee as a glaze of peanut buttery goodness encompassed my mind. Ahhh... 3 hours and counters piled with sticky bowls later...it emerged in all of its decadent glory from my 'lil kitchen. The angels rejoiced. Oh help me...

And that my friends is a true Perfect Pie Trifecta. It does not happen very often so I do hope you appreciate the magnitude of three perfect pies coming together to be served at one meal.

I do hope you understand the amazingness of such dessert serendipity.

I do hope you take the time to rush out right now and grab the ingredients for the Double Chocolate Peanut Butter pie. Now...time is of the essence!

I also hope you do NOT hear my thighs clapping....for joy...and because of their sheer magnitude.

No comments: