Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strange Gifts & My Fave Ornament

Some people are good with faces. Not me.
Some folks are terrific with names. Not me.
Some people are excellent at recalling dates and song titles. Not me.

So, what is my gift? Well, a couple of things that are REALLY strange.

I can remember folks' license plate numbers. If I ever see you crawl out of your car and I glance at your license plate, I will forever connect you with your license plate number. I may not know who the sam hills you are, cannot for the life of me call your name...but I can say, "Hi, 783 R3F!" I think this gift stemmed from an experience I once had with my parents when we were checking into a hotel and they needed the license plate number and I was sent racing out to the carport to retrieve it and I had to remember it long enough to tell the clerk and I kept repeating it over and over in my head...and the rest is history.

My other strange talent is being able to remember who has given me a gift. If you have ever graced with me with a gift, and I looked at your beaming face as you gave me this gift, I will forever connect you with that item.

For example, I can tell you at this exact moment that my friend Martha gave me the set of salt/pepper shakers sitting on my stove top...and....that my Aunt Cecily gave me a Pampered Chef baking stone...that met an untimely death here......and...that a little girl named Maria gave me a beautiful silver beaded bracelet about 8 years ago and I still wear it regularly...and...
a little boy named Nick gave me this...a retired Christopher Radko ornament that probably costs more than my weekly trip to Wal-Mart which I have always been afraid to hang on  my tree until this year. If my house ever catches on fire, I will grab my child, my Bible, and this ornament...in that order.
and a charming young man named David gave me this...an acrylic eighth note because I was his favorite piano teacher at that time...well, his only piano teacher at that time, but that is beside the point...
and my adorable friend Kim gave me this personalized "we're expecting" ornament when we discovered we were pregnant with Sydscrumptious...
and my precious friend Valerie gave me this hand print making kit for Sydney to forever stamp her hand onto my tree...and permanently implant in my heart forever.

Golly... I suddenly want to have another baby REAL bad.

No comments: