Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Call Me Irresponsible

In the past week, I have experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

I have made numerous trips to Lufkin to spend hours at the hospital.

I have wept for hours on end when I learned my mother had cancer.


I rejoiced for hours on end when I learned that the Lord had healed her of cancer.

I have done a lot of soul searching, praying, seeking, finding, and analyzing.

And, as a result of all of this emotionally draining, soul-sapping, rambunctious rejoicing, crying, and exulting, I have become extremely...

Lazy...

Irresponsible...

and a Grade A

Procrastinator.

Because...friends...

LIFE IS SHORT.

It is a vapor.

It goes by in the twinkling of an eye.

Papers I need to grade can wait.

Invoices can wait...for a while...

Dishes can rest peacefully in the sink...

while I GO play at the park.

'Cause tomorrow....

my baby will be all grown up

and I will have plenty of time to do all those OTHER things and you never know what tomorrow is going to bring...

So live every day as if it is your last

Because one day, 

 it will be.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I second that loud and clear!