Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week 1...Complete!

I just finished up my first week back at work after having Sydney. I was put on bed rest in January and it has been a LONG time since I stepped foot into the office. I had so much work piled up for me to do that the time went pretty fast. I have some fantastic baby sitters, so it helps to know that Sydney is perfectly safe, loved, and happy. I did miss my afternoon naps with her stretched out in the super plush glider recliner.

Before I had a child, I was notorious for bringing my work home with me. It just made sense to finish up my tasks that I did not complete that day at home. Now, I cringe when I look back at all those late nights on the computer or hours spent on the couch grading papers. When I leave work, all I can think about is spending time with Chris and Sydney. I throw my bag in the corner and it collects dust till I pick it up again to go back to work the next day.


I know Sydney is thrilled that she is not being buckled into a carseat this morning and carted around town. I am thrilled that she is sleeping peacefully next to my heart having sweet dreams....with the occasional whimper when she doesn't catch the rabbit she is chasing.

No comments: