Monday, May 4, 2009

Get a Jump on Things

Sydney's Papaw (Chris' dad) brought her a Jumper a month or 2 before she was born. You know...one of those crazy lookin' things that you hang from a door frame. Reminds me of a baby bungee jump device. I saw it in the closet yesterday and thought, "I wonder if she is big enough for that thing yet?" I read the owners guide and it said, "Use when baby is 6 months old or can sit up unassisted." What a bummer...we're not quite there yet, but do you think that stopped me? I rolled up a blanket and stuffed it in the jumper so she would have a snug fit. The minute I put Sydney in the jumper, she started smiling and tapping her toes on the floor. She had a blast! Of course, I was right there, inches away the whole time. (My dear friend Valerie, the safety queen, is probably having a heart attack about now...) I guess I won't tell you that I also put her to sleep on her stomach. There's a whole generation (my age group) walking around now living their lives whose mom put them to sleep on their tummy every night. But I digress...
I am in the "buy every cool looking baby gadget" zone right now. Chris has prohibited me from doing any more Ebaying for quite a while. My latest purchase... the ever popular Bumbo, and of course I got the play tray to go with it. I have also purchased the auto baby bottle warmer, the Infantino front to back carrier, the Graco car seat swing frame, and the Pack'n Play with the bassinet. Our living room looks like the showroom floor at Babies 'R Us. It's madness!





3 comments:

valjeff said...

I would have a heart attack, except for the fact that Miss Sydney looks like she's having a blast in her jumper! She is such a joy to watch, and I feel truly blessed that you have entrusted me with her care while you are finishing up work. Tell her I miss her and can't wait until Wednesday! Love, Val

Julie said...

Oh, Nolan LOVED, LOVED, LOVED his jumper!! We called him our jumping bean because he got such a kick out of jumping in that thing. Ella liked it, but she didn't take to it like Nolan did. I think he would have lived in that thing for a few months if I would have let him!

The Powell Family said...

OH MY WHERE DO I START !!!!!!! LOL I love the jumper thing we have one but havent tried it out yet but now I am going too. I have a stationary walker thing that I roll the blankets up and do that same thing. Hey the way I look at it THE SOONER THE BETTER !!! Also the Bumbp chair is wonderful. I have the tray also. I also have a toy that suctions to it:) all given to me ( YOU KNOW THE THE TIGHT WAD). I sit whoever needs the attention on the bar while I am making dinner or washing bottles or whatever.!!