Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Withdrawals


Today was my first day back at work. I plan on completing my contract this year and will be working till June 12. This morning, it wasn't so bad. Sydney was happy and compliant but was a little confused when I buckled her into the carseat at 7:30 this morning. The morning flew by, but I found myself watching the clock and doing a mental countdown... only 2 more hours...only 30 more minutes... I did go home at lunch to see her. Then, when I left at 12:30, I felt a big knot come up in my throat. I watched my mom drive off with her and I lost it. When you spend every waking moment with someone for 2 1/2 months, it's physically painful to be separated. I keep thinking I hear her crying or gurgling, but it's my imagination. My mother always said I would know how it feels to have a true "heartache" when I had my own children. She was right.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I didn't realize today was your first day back to work, and you were pressing on my heart today. I'm glad you survived your day, and I pray the days at work pass by quickly through June 12th, your promotion to full-time Mommy!

Elizabeth said...

I'm praying for you too! I'll be in your boat soon enough. I'm glad you're back at work, but I know you're ready to be a full-time mommy.

Tessa said...

First day was TOUGH! I went back when Olivia was 10 weeks and I cried everyday for at least a week! Everyone told me that it would get better...and it did! At least you have an end in sight...LUCKY!