Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emotional

This time of year is notorious for the "growing up" and "going away" songs on the radio...from "Cinderella" by SCC to "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris. Lately, I've been a crybaby. It seems like every time I hear one of these songs, I think about my little girl and how I want to do everything I can to prepare her for living a successful life. I never really grasped those songs and how amazing the lyrics were until I had Sydney.

If you've never heard the song "In my Arms" by Plumb, you need to give it a listen. It comes on XM Radio just about every 15 minutes, and I never get tired of it. The lyrics...
your baby blues, so full of wonder, your curley cues, your contagious smile
and as i watch, you start to grow up, all I can do, is hold you tight, knowing clouds will rage up, storms will race in, but you will be safe in my arms, rains will pour down, waves will crash around, but you will be safein my arms, story books, are full of fairy tales, of kings and queens, and the bluest skies
My heart is torn, just in knowing you'll someday, see the truth from lies
when the clouds will rage and, storms will race in, but you will be safe in my arms, rains will pour down, waves will crash around, but you will be safein my arms, Castles they might crumble, dreams may not come true, but you are never all alone because I will always always love you

If this song doesn't jerk a tear out of you, check your pulse. Powerful lyrics. Reminds me of something Nichole Nordeman would write. She's pretty deep, too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love Nichole Nordeman! You should listen to "I AM" by her if you've never heard it. Talk about a tear jerker. I've heard it a million times and cry every single time.